When life gives you lemons…make lemon-themed crafts! Right?? We’ve got four new tutorials for you today that scream all things LEMONS! So whether you want a nice glass filled with lemon ice, want to keep the mosquitos away with a scented candle, need to cover up some stink from the bathroom, or want to send a secret message, we have you covered!
Mosquito Repellent Candles
- Pint mason jars
- Floating candles
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Lighter or matches
- Add two slices of lemon, two slices of lime, and a couple of sprigs of basil to each jar.
- Fill jars with water and add 10-15 drops of lemongrass oil to each.
- Top with a floating candle.
Lemon Ice Cubes
- Slice lemons in half and use a juicer to squeeze out the juice.
- Pour a mixture of water and lemon juice into an ice cube tray.
- Add sliced lemon, oranges, mint, and basil.
- Fill the rest of the tray with lemon juice and freeze.
Invisible Ink Secret Message
- Small bowl
- Piece of blank paper
- Slice lemon in half and squeeze juice into a small bowl.
- Dip Q-tip into lemon juice and a write secret message on paper.
- Let the paper dry completely before applying extreme heat to reveal the message.
Secret message idea: “What do you give an injured lemon? Lemon-aid!”
- Olive oil
- Lemon zester
- Glass jar with lid
- 4 oz spray bottle
- Rubbing alcohol
- Dish soap
- Make lemon essential oil by zesting a lemon and adding it to a mason jar with olive oil. Place lid on jar and place in a sunny location for 3 days. Shake the jar 3-4 times a day.
- After 3 days, strain the zest.
- Fill 4 oz. spray bottle with 2 oz of water, 1 teaspoon of dish soap, and 1 teaspoon of rubbing alcohol.
- Add 30 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Shake bottle and spray 5-10 times before you “go.”