You’ve seen deep-fried Oreos, deep-fried twinkies, and deep-fried doughnuts. But have you seen a deep-fried pickle egg roll? This might be the next State Fair contender – an egg roll filled with pickles, cheese, and bacon. The good news is, you don’t have to wait for the Fair. With this simple recipe, you can enjoy this dill-icious goodness anytime.
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 12 whole pickles, sliced in half
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Chopped chives
- Ranch dressing
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix until fully combined.
- Cut pickles in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Fill both sides of the pickle with cream cheese mixture and join halves.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper in a diamond shape and add a stuffed pickle. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple of drops of water. Repeat with remaining pickles.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Garnish with chives and serve with Ranch dressing for dipping.
Want more pickle-centric recipes? Watch our latest video here: