Stuck indoors with the kids today? Or maybe just looking for new activities to try with your growing tot? We’ve got four super easy crafts from pipe cleaner puppets to a night light mosaic! You might already have all the supplies you need right at home.
- Flatten a baking cup into a semicircle shape.
- Use markers to decorate the peacock “feathers.”
- Create a peacock face on the clothespin by drawing a beak and hot gluing googly eyes.
- Hot glue the clothespin to the baking cup.
Night Light Mosaic
- Cut various shapes out of tissue paper.
- Paint large areas of a mason jar with clear glue before applying tissue paper shapes.
- Keep painting and placing tissue paper until jar is covered.
- Once all pieces are places, paint over entire jar with glue. Let dry before placing over tea light.
Baking Cup Bouquet
- Take two baking cups, fold them in four and cut “petals.” Cut one baking cup shorter for inside flower.
- Twist pipe cleaner in a circle to create center of flower.
- Hot glue everything together, adding a pipe cleaner stem the the back of flower.
Pipe Cleaner Puppets
- Colored markers
- Pipe cleaners (Various colors)
- Popsicle sticks
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- Draw and color a farm on a piece of paper.
- Use pipe cleaners to create your animals – pigs, cows, cats or ducks!
- Start by twisting a pipe cleaner in a circle for the head – leave room at the end to make the ears.
- Hot glue a popsicle stick to the back of your farm animals and add googly eyes and noses/beaks.
- Let the puppet show begin!